The Black Tulip

Book Review 

The Black Tulip,by Alexandre Dumas(1840s)


   This week I read The Black Tulip. This story was sometimes sad,but interesting. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: 'Who was Jacob Gisels?Jacob Gisels was Isaac Boxtel! Why was Isaac Boxtel in Lovenstein? He wanted the black tulip! He wanted to win 1000000 guilders!' (p.48). I was wondering who Jacob Gisels was until then,but I finally found it here. He is an obscene manso I didnt like him. The second one is: 'This beautiful flower will be called "Rosa Van Baerle". Cornelius Van Baerle,here is your wife. You are free. Rosa,here is your husband. You have both won the prize of 1000000 guilders!' (p.63). I was glad because Cornelius could be free and the achievement of Cornelius and Rosa was recognized by Prince William. The last one is: 'I have read this letter and now I know the truth,' Prince William said to the people. (p.63). At that time, the truth was finally revealed and Cornelius Van Baerle, John and Cornelius De Witt brothers' innocence were proved. I was glad, but  John and Cornelius De Witt brothers were already killed by the people, so I was little sad.
   I want to recommend this book. This story involves various events, but it is easy to read and interesting. I give this book 7 stars out of 10.
   

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Elves and the Shoemaker

The Signalman and the Ghost at the Trial