Sherlock Holmes the case of the blue diamond



Book Review

Sherlock Holmes THE CASE OF THE BLUE DIAMOND, by Conan Doyle (2002)

   This week I read Sherlock Holmes THE CASE OF THE BLUE DIAMOND. This book is a mystery story. I enjoyed this book while reasoning. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: “Sit down and look at that interesting old hat over there.” (p.1). From this word of Holmes, Watson was involved in the incident. The Second one is: “Excuse me, Watson. You do see, but you don’t think about what you see.”(p.4). I liked this sentence and was surprised by Holmes’ reasoning because he guessed the state of a man who just saw his hat and never met. The last one is: “It’s not my job to do the police’s work for them and young Horner’s going to be all right.”(p.36). I thought Holmes was cool because he solved the incident as a detective, but he didn’t catch the criminal because he thought the criminal was reflecting.
   I want to recommend this book. I thought the story of Sherlock Holmes was difficult for me before I read this book, but this story was very interesting and this book had the meaning of some words and often helped me to read, so this book was easy to read. I give this book 8 stars out of 10.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Elves and the Shoemaker

The Signalman and the Ghost at the Trial